Innovation The NGI Way
NGI is an organization in constant motion. We continuously optimize our products as well as our processes. The objective is to always remain a modern, dynamic and value-adding partner.
At NGI we are not focused on competing with other companies... we determine the market standard. This fact holds true when it comes to consulting, innovation and the characteristics and qualities of our individual products.
Therefore, NGI always contributes to improving our customers’ competitiveness.
Research & development
- Consultancy and development of customized levelling solutions
- Product development, technical specifications and documentation
- In the lead via patents, design protections and certifications
- Hygienic product optimization
- ROI calculations for hygienic design
- No levelling project is impossible for NGI
- We annually invest more than 15% of our profit in R&D
NGI is the only company in the world being able to offer 3-A, EHEDG and USDA certified hygienic levelling feet.
Normally the floor is the last place to be cleaned. If there are unhygienic deposits on the machine feet, there is a considerable risk that these will end up on the machine or system again due to the fact that high pressure cleaning is the most common way of cleaning floors.
So the first step is to ensure that the machine foot doesn’t in itself constitute a hygiene risk. How can fluid, food or powder residues be removed from a thread? Even more important, how can they be prevented from getting onto the thread in the first place?
Finding the answers to these questions through the innovative design of machine feet of uncompromising quality and reliability that also minimize the time needed for cleaning, is the core of NGI’s hygiene philosophy.
How to ensure that machine feet are hygienic:
Use a foot with a 3A, EHEDG or USDA certificate
Use a foot with a spindle which is covered by a sleeve and sealed with o-rings at both ends
Use a foot with vulcanized rubber, which accommodates slopes on the floor and is designed to avoid capillary action
Use a foot made in stainless steel
Use a foot that will stand solidly and securely on the floor and will be able to absorb vibration
Use a foot with no unnecessary corners and edges; this facilitates the cleaning process
Use an adjustable foot without an exposed thread
Why choose certified leveling feet?
Professional stakeholders in the food industry are increasingly demanding risk documentation and quality control of foodstuffs, hygiene and environmental impact.
NGI is the only supplier of 3A and EHEDG-certified leveling feet for the food industry.
Choosing a double-certified leveling foot ensures that the foundation of your production equipment complies with the strictest demands for hygiene, environmental impact and durability.
The hygienic standard of your production equipment is a crucial competitive parameter when it comes to winning an order or being authorized as a new supplier of machinery.
For many years we have had a close collaboration with the founding organizations of the 3A end EHEDG standards in order to secure the future development of the certifications.
Task Force Bacteria
We improve the competitiveness of our customers
- Systematic data collection via the washing test program
- Taking responsibility for the development of new standards in the industry
- Optimizing the technologies, materials and processes used
- Documenting the effect of improvements
- We contribute to our customers' environmental profile
Benefits of a hygienic foot
- The spindle is covered by a sleeve and has no exposed thread
- Hygienic sealing rings
- Self-draining surfaces
- Low surface roughness
Cleaning according to Ecolab specification
- The hygienic foot and fully-threaded foot are similarly soiled in sour yoghurt containing fluorescents
- Rinse with water
- Distribute cleaning detergents
- Rinse with water until visibly clean
Visible results after the cleaning process
- The fully-threaded foot looks clean with the human eye even though it is not clean
- Unfortunately, this is standard procedure and accepted as a satisfactory cleaning result
- A lot of bacteria stick to the exposed thread on the fully-threaded foot
UV lighting used to expose bacteria
- The certified hygienic levelling foot is clean
- The spindle on the fully-threaded levelling foot is contaminated with bacteria
- Fully-threaded vs. hygienic: It takes 28% more resources to reach the same level of cleanliness on a fully- threaded foot
- Resources could be time, water, detergents etc.
The green color indicates the invisible bacteria
The following washdown test is produced by The Danish Technological University (Center of Hygienic Design) and complies with the Ecolab cleaning instructions.
The NGI ROI-calculator shows your company-specific saving
NGI has collaborated with the EHEDG Test Center at the Danish Technological University to create a complex yet easy to use ROI-calculator. Type in the following data:
- Cleaning frequency
- Cleaning time
- Water usage
- Waste water costs
- Electricity costs
The ROI-calculator will quickly and automatically illustrate your company-specific savings from investing in certified hygienic levelling feet.
Estimated savings are minimum 28%
Let us help you find the right levelling feet
All NGI feet are in stock and ready for immediate dispatch. Our lead time throughout Europe is just 3-4 days.
NGI is an experienced manufacturer and consulting partner supplying machine builders worldwide.
Feel free to call us for non-binding advice regarding your specific levelling feet.